As-salamu Alikum. Ramadan Mubarak! The new moon was sighted on Monday night, with fasting to begin on Tuesday, InShaAllah.
Crescentwatch has received and confirmed reliable reports of the new crescent moon of Ramadan being sighted by the naked-eye on Monday evening in San Diego and San Francisco Bay Area. We are delighted to welcome the entry of this sacred month and to begin the blessed fast of Ramadan on Tuesday, April 13.
May Allah accept it from all of us and make our Ramadan a source of benefit, enrichment, and closeness to Allah, Most High.
As-salamu Alikum. Some information for KIC during the Holy month of Ramadan …
1. A large tent, 40 ft x 80 ft will be placed in the KIC premises on Monday, April 12, for 30 days for the month of Ramadan, inshaAllah. We received the City of Fort Worth permit for the tent yesterday evening, alhamduLillah. The tent will provide plenty of room, inshaAllah for both Taraweeh prayers, as well as Jumaa prayers.
2. Sisters will be accommodated inshaAllah in the Sisters’ room inside the Masjid, as well as in the tent as needed
3. Taraweeh prayers will be led every day by Mufti Safwaan, as well as Imam Asif’s son, Nauman
4. Mufti Moaz will also lead Maghrib prayers every day for anyone who will attend Maghrib Salah at the Masjid
5. Shaykh Gyasi McKinzie will lead Salatul Fajr in the mornings, inshaAllah
During the Holy Month of Ramadan, the following changes will take place at KIC, inshaAllah:
1 – Shaykh Gyasi McKinzie will be leading Salatul Fajr every morning
2 – Maghrib and Isha will be led by Mufti Moaz, inshaAllah
3 – Salatul Tarawih will also be led by Mufti Moaz, and he will be assisted by the son (Nauman) of Imam Asif of Watauga Masjid. MashaAllah, Nauman is a newly minted Hafiz who studied under Mufti Naieem of Irving. Imam Asif had made the request to KIC to consider having his son as a part of our Tarawih prayers, and we are thankful to Allah to be able to honor the request.
Any additional information about the Holy Month of Ramadan will be forthcoming, inshaAllah.
As we mentioned on March 3, the Board of Trustees is currently working on refining the process and policies to conduct KIC elections. To this end, we have engaged the services of professionals.
Also as previously discussed, when available, the pertinent information will be shared and discussed with the General Body of KIC, both electronically and through a Zoom meeting, inshaAllah.
Once that process is complete, an election date will be declared, and elections held, inshaAllah.